Wednesday 8 August 2012

On Mayer Hawthorne and being pretentious.

Ok, so in my last post I may have been a simpering idiot.

Here's why.


I love this man, despite his completely negating my views by virtue of his existence. That's soul. Detroit soul. The essence of the charts for decades. What America first started partying to. What was I thinking? What computer has, in the end, that kind of soul? Not a one. He recorded that himself. And I, a pretentiously self-confessed electronic music junkie who thought the band was dead, couldn't stop dancing when I heard it.

Find the album. It will restore your faith in a lot of things.

But enough words. This is a music blog. My mistake here is that anyone gives a shit what I have to say. From now on, dear reader, if you're out there, I promise to give you music. Not stupid ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment